The Sonnet is the smallest of the three Academy offerings but is the largest and highest performing monitor loudspeaker in Chario’s portfolio. Like its brethren, the Sonnet features a complex internal bracing design tailored specifically for its smaller cabinet in conjunction with extremely stiff Italian walnut that makes up the outer shell of its casework. The Reversed Array driver design mounts the tweeter below the woofer, sending the bass driver’s first-floor reflection beyond the listening position to minimize distortion. Placed on or off its stand, the Sonnet will perform at a surprisingly high level in small, medium, and semi-large rooms.
- Made entirely of solid Italian walnut and HDF.
- Two-way Reversed Array driver arrangement simplifies room integration.
- Low tweeter crossover point from the T32 tweeter to the Rohacell Full-Apex woofer, well below mid-band phase sensitivity.
- Fiberformã polymeric fiber lining disperses energy within the cabinet.
- Stands specifically designed for the Sonnet.
- Handmade in Milan, Italy.