Much like the Madonnina is to Milan’s Duomo cathedral, the Serendipity represents Chario’s pinnacle effort: nearly five decades of tireless research into acoustic engineering. The Serendipity borrows its hourglass shape from centuries-old architecture, in this case, the patterns in the nearby cathedral’s aperture and window designs. The Serendipity houses complex interlaced bracing and utilizes two different main materials; High-Density Fiberboard (HDF), which disperses energy omnidirectionally, and sculpted Italian Walnut which is extremely rigid and used in the Serendipity’s external enclosure. The high-tech cabinet design is mated with Chario’s most capable audio drivers, utilizing state-of-the-art materials and motors.
- Made of massive slabs of carved solid Italian walnut and HDF.
- Separate bass and midrange/high-frequency cabinets.
- Five-way Reversed Array vertical driver alignment for excellent room integration.
- Crossover design reduces phase distortion.
- High-Performance T32 tweeters, Rohacell Full-Apex mid-bass/bass drivers, and cellulose subwoofers.
- Handmade near Milan, Italy.